Having sneaked past storm force winds near Kap Farvel to deal with a mere gale, we were initially presented with a benign forecast that promised to waft us on toward Nuuk with, if not following winds, at least gentle ones.
|Iceberg in the fog|
We chose to make for Narsaq rather than Qaqortoq for no other reason than that our onboard information suggested the harbor was less crowded - or perhaps we thought pronounciation would be easier when we told the authorities our new destination!!
Thus, for our last night at sea, rather than spell each other off to provide four hour sleep periods as we usually do, we took short turns outside in the cold dodging growlers and bergy-bits while the other watched the radar screen to plan the best route through the larger bergs toward our destination fjord. During all this the wind kept increasing with the forecasted gale so we had to maintain the watch and course alterations while shortening sail.
Then ... tie to a fishboat ... walk in the town ... dine out with someone else doing the cooking and dishes.
At 29/06/2013 07:50 (utc) our position was 60°54.46'N 046°02.63'W